Originally published at: https://pwoss.xyz/stable-update-2019-01-23-important-notice/
So, this time isn’t just an update. Be careful that you use the right command!
pamac upgrade --enable-downgradeor
sudo pacman -Syyuufor this update, to avoid issues! Please also read the troubleshoot section before you update.
Welcome to our fourth stable update of 2019. With this we added a lot of new packages into the mix. So what do we have with this one?
- most Kernels got updated. Note that linux44 is currently frozen, as some proprietary drivers don’t build with 4.4.168+. We also removed linux417 and linux418. If you still use these series, please move on to linux419 series and uninstall them, as we won’t compile any extramodules for them from now on.
- some updates to Cinnamon and Deepin
- rebuilds against new readline and libidn2, therefore please keep close attention to your upgrade and report any issues on those matters
- KDE Framework is now at 5.54.0 21
- Mesa is now at 18.3.2 10
- Palemoon is now at 28.3.1 11
- Firefox is now at its eleventh beta release of v65 series
- Virtualbox got its first stable point-release of v6.0 9 series
- Nvidia got updated to 415.27 19
- the regular python and haskell updates
We hope with all these changes Manjaro to be more efficient for you all.
More at – forum.manjaro.org
I already did the update without any issues so far. I used …
sudo pacman -Syyuu